Sign up for updates in your city.
Drinking Liberally Tri-Cities Chapter Blog
Submitted by Kendall Miller on Tue, 12/02/2014 - 10:21am.
Does skin color and ethnic background make it easier to identify criminals and trouble makers on the street? Or is that just lazy thinking? Let's talk about how unconscious racism can be and maybe other stuff as well. Tonight at Isla Bonita at 7:00 PM in Richland.
Submitted by Kendall Miller on Mon, 11/10/2014 - 11:21pm.
George Lakoff points out that personal freedom depends on the public arena. Let's talk about them this Tuesday at 7:00 PM at the Isla Bonita in Richland.
· Voting: Without the ability to vote in free elections you are not free.
· Health: If you get cancer or even break a leg and don't have health care, you are not free.
· Education: Without education, you lack the knowledge and skills not just to earn a decent living, but also to even be aware of the possibilities of life. Without education, you are therefore not free.
· Women: If you are denied control over your body, you are not free.
· Marriage: If you are in love and are denied the ability to marry with a publicly declared lifetime commitment, you are not free.
· Vast income inequality: When the economic gains that most people have worked for go not to those who worked for them, but only to the wealthiest of the wealthy, those who did the work -- most people -- are not free.
· Race: When you are treated with suspicion and disdain, you are not free.
· Corporate Control: When corporations control your life for their benefit and not yours, you are not free.
· Privatization: When significant public resources become owned or controlled by private corporations, the public has lost an essential element of freedom.
· Fear: When you are emotionally gripped by fear, you are not free.
What other values can we use to promote the progressive viewpoint amongst our conservative friends?
Submitted by Kendall Miller on Tue, 11/04/2014 - 8:07pm.
We will be meeting this evening as usual at 7:00 PM at the Isla Bonita restaurant in Richland. Election returns will probably be the discussion of the evening.
Submitted by Kendall Miller on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 5:33pm.
It's the time again for Voter Pamphlets and ballots. Bring yours tonight and we can talk about the choices (or lack thereof). At Isla Bonita in Richland at 7:00 PM. See you there.
Submitted by Kendall Miller on Mon, 10/06/2014 - 7:10pm.
A key Supreme Court judge says that First Amendment only keeps government from establishing religion or interfering with exercising it, but it doesn't stop government from favoring religion versus non-religion. All the more reason to drink liberally, every Tuesday evening at 7:00 PM at Isla Bonita.
Submitted by Kendall Miller on Tue, 09/09/2014 - 5:07pm.
What is on the missing 28 pages that Bush pulled from the Joint Congressional Inquiry into 9/11?
Let's talk it over at Isla Bonita tonight at 7:00 PM.
Submitted by Kendall Miller on Tue, 08/26/2014 - 6:13pm.
Russian soldiers in Ukraine. Global warming at the tipping point. Militarized police forces. Unbalanced taxes. Corporate tax flight. So much to talk about and so little time. Let's drink to it this evening at 7:00 PM at Isla Bonita.
Submitted by Kendall Miller on Tue, 08/19/2014 - 7:23pm.
Come join us for some liberal conversation this evening at Isla Bonita at 7:00 PM.
Submitted by Kendall Miller on Mon, 08/04/2014 - 2:31pm.
If you haven't mailed your ballot, now is the moment. The time for procrastination is over. Then we can talk over the election results together Tuesday at 7:00 PM at Isla Bonita.
Submitted by Kendall Miller on Mon, 07/28/2014 - 3:21pm.
Time to get those ballots in. Let's talk about them Tuesday evening at 7:00 PM at the Isla Bonita.
Chapter leaders... Please login here.